Established in 1944, the Clayfield Childcare Association was originally housed in St Colomb’s Hall, Sandgate Road, Clayfield and was staffed by a trained nursing sister and an army of voluntary mothers. The Centre relocated to the School of Arts building in Wagner Road in 1949. When the building was renovated and refurbished in 1989, the Wagner Road Kindergarten commenced as an entity and became provisionally affiliated with the Crèche and Kindergarten (C&K) Association of Queensland in 1990. In 1991, the Kindergarten was granted full affiliation. In 1999, the Clayfield Childcare Centre became known as The Wagner Road Early Childhood Centre. Mid 2016 Wagner Road Early Childhood Centre and Kindergarten changed affiliation to Lady Gowrie.